NorthumberLamb is known for our competitive prices and high standards. We are always looking for sheep producers who pride themselves in producing high quality market lambs. Every lamb will be graded and priced according to the current grading program (See Chart Below). If you are interested in learning more or would like to become a shipper, complete the application and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Only animals bearing an approved CSIP ear tag will be accepted
- Animals with soiled fleeces will be rejected
- Shippers must abide by the Canadian Sheep Federation handling and transport regulations
- Participation in the Food Safety Farm Practices program is recommended
- Producer Shipping Guidelines (PDF)
- Producer Letter of Guarantee (PDF)
- Live Animal Receiving Screening Record (PDF)
- Lamb Weight/Grade Pricing Chart (PDF)
Become A Shipper
I am interested in shipping lambs to NorthumberLamb and would like to find out more about the process and eligibility.
Become A Member
NorthumberLamb Co-operative Ltd has been owned and operated by its members since 1982. It is arguably the most successful lamb marketing cooperative in Canada.
To become a member, you must have shipped quality lambs to NorthumberLamb for at least one year. You must believe in the co-operative model and have shown your cooperativeness and dependability.
As a member, your lambs are offered to NorthumberLamb first; with the exception of farm-gate sales directly to your customers. You must agree to abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of the organization.
To apply, complete the Member Application and submit. Applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors at the next regular meeting.